Oman hotel restaurant blaze injures two
A hotel restaurant opposite the Ruwi Plaza in Oman was gutted by a fire yesterday, leaving two people injured.
“I was at home. One of my workers went a little early to begin today’s work. I got a phone call about the fire and I rushed to the spot,” Moideen, the hotel owner, told Times of Oman.
“What I learnt is that when my worker switched on the power supply there was a spark and fire. One of our friends from the neighbouring saloon came to help. Both of them have suffered burns. The reason of the fire is to be probed.”
The fire was prevented from spreading to nearby shops by the Royal Oman Police and Civil Defense Department.
The two injured people have been admitted to hospital.