Judges revealed for Caterer Awards
The full panel of judges for Caterer Middle East magazine’s inaugural F&B industry awards has been confirmed.
The expert judging panel for the F&B categories — the main body of the awards — was announced last month, but now the smaller panel for the four supplier-related categories, known as the Chefs’ Choice Awards, has also been revealed.
This group comprises select F&B professionals from around the region, who will select the winning companies in the categories Food Supplier of the Year; Beverage Supplier of the Year; Equipment Supplier of the Year; and Best Client Support of the Year.
The Chefs' Choice judges are:
- Marcus Gregs — executive chef, Mövenpick Hotel Bur Dubai and Caterer Middle East columnist
- Uwe Micheel — director of kitchens, Radisson Blu Dubai Deira Creek and president of the Emirates Culinary Guild
- Anthony J Gill — director of food and beverage, InterContinental Hotel Doha
- Felix Hartmann — bar manager, Skyview Bar, Burj Al Arab
- Sid King — beverage manager, Radisson Blu Dubai Deira Creek
- Kim Gates — executive chef, Mövenpick Hotel Bahrain
Meanwhile the main panel of judges, made up of hospitality industry specialists from around the region, will select winners in the F&B categories.
Nominations will be accepted online until September 30.
The Caterer Middle East Awards 2009 are open to all F&B outlets and brands across the Middle East, with the lucky winners to be announced in the December issue of the magazine.
MMI Bar Academy beverages training manager Junaid Malik noted: “These are the first awards that I have come across which actually reward the people behind each outlet.
“In order for an outlet to be successful, they need the right mix of staff and it’s about time that we acknowledge these people.
“These awards will show future hotels and F&B concepts the potential that Dubai has to offer, as well as highlighting those key personnel who help make these outlets great,” he asserted.
All nominations for the Caterer Middle East Awards 2009 are accepted online — to nominate your colleagues, outlets or suppliers, just click here.
For further information about the awards categories and the judging process, please visit: www.hoteliermiddleast.com/catererawards