Marina Social head chef Will Stanyer has revealed his gazpacho recipe for would-be diners to try at home. Located in InterContinental Dubai Marina, Marina Social like all restaurants in Dubai, has paused dine-in operations. With this in mind, Stanyer’s recipe makes up what he calls ‘Marina Social’s Isolation Kitchen.’
More recipes will be shared in the coming weeks by the Marina Social culinary team, with the gazpacho being the first recipe.
The recipe is below:
- Six vine tomatoes (About 450g)
- One red bell pepper
- Half a yellow bell pepper
- Half a tsp crushed black peppercorns
- One clove garlic – peeled & sliced
- One banana shallot – peeled & sliced
- Half a cucumber - diced
- One tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Three sun-dried tomatoes - sliced
- 50g stale bread
- Picked parsley & basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sliced cucumbers & cherry tomatoes
- Chopped parsley
- Vinaigrette (One part white wine vinegar, four parts olive oil)
- Two pieces of white country bread per person
Roughly chop the tomatoes and place into a mixing bowl with the cucumber, garlic and shallots.
De-seed and chop the peppers and add to the bowl before seasoning well with salt & pepper.
Add the balsamic vinegar and the sun-dried tomatoes, then cover and refrigerate overnight for 8-12 hours.
Remove from the fridge and blend the soup with the stale bread, before passing through a fine sieve. Push through all the pulp and check the seasoning.
Chop the cherry tomatoes & cucumber and dress them with the vinaigrette and chopped parsley.
To serve the soup, pour into a bowl and top with the cherry tomato & cucumber salad, drizzle with the olive oil and garnish with the basil & parsley leaves.
Drizzle the bread with olive oil and toast in a dry pan on a medium-high heat until golden - serve on the side.