Dish 360: Pierre’s Bistro & Bar’s tuna tataki
Tuna Tataki ingredients:
– 50g saku tuna
– 100g risotto cake (10g onion, 0.5l chicken stock, 80g white wine, 50g soy sauce, 15g red chili, 20g green of spring onions)
– 1 piece mango
– 3 pieces red chili
– 20g chives
– 15g enoki mushrooms
– 50g glazed soya sauce
– To make glazed soya sauce, make a caramel with 100g brown sugar. While the caramel is cooking, add 100g vinegar to stop it from burning. Add 25g honey and 200g soya sauce. Reduce by slow cooking until the texture is thick enough for a glaze.
– Cook the risotto, put it in a mould, press and let it cool between two plates. Unmould once cool, cut rectangle of 4cm by 2cm and freeze.
– Grill the saku tuna previously seasoned with salt and olive oil; cut it in a 0.5cm cube and reserve in the fridge.
– Cut the mango in small dice with the peppers and lime segment. Mix with roasted sesame seeds, sesame oil and rice vinegar.
– Roll the risotto cube into flour and fry at 180-degrees for three minutes.
– Glaze the tuna slice with the soya sauce, place the slices on the fried risotto and finish with the mango mixture.
– Decorate with enoki mushrooms and micro greens.