Dish 360°: Chickpea Tofu
Homemade Chickpeas Tofu Ingredients:
• 300g chickpea
• 2l water
• 7g salt
• 100g sunflower oil
• 300g soba noodles
• 2g black pepper powder
• 2g Sichuan pepper powder
• 14g fresh ginger, finely chopped
• 10g fresh garlic, finely chopped
• 22g spring onion, finely chopped
• 10ml lime juice
• 30ml soya sauce
• 50m sesame oil
• Toasted sesame seed
• Fine julienne carrot
• Cooked chickpeas, fried
• Lime, cut half and grilled
• Chopped chives
• Coriander leaves
• To make chickpea tofu: Soak chickpeas overnight. Strain. Pass them through a juicer to separate juice and pulp.
• In a large stock pot, boil water, salt, oil and chickpea juice. Simmer. Keep stirring and reduce until thick. Pour the liquid into a square container, chill until set. Sear on both sides before serving. Keep warm.
• To make pepper sauce: Heat sesame oil in a medium-size sauce pan. Add ginger and garlic. Sauté until golden. Add spring onion, black pepper and Sichuan pepper. Stir for few seconds. Add lime juice and soya sauce. Cook for two minutes. Blend until smooth.
• To make soba noodles: Boil water in a large stock pot. Add the noodles, cook until al dente. Strain.
• In a separate sauté pan, reheat pepper sauce, add the noodles and stir until the sauce has coated the noodles.