Dish 360: Lobster Mac and cheese
Burger & Lobster head chef Dave explains how to make the dish
Lobster mac and cheese
- 500g cheddar
- 850g milk
- 100g butter
- 100g flour
- 18g Maldon salt
- 200g macaroni
- 60g lobster meat
- 3g chives
- 20g parmesan
- Pinch of chives
- Olive oil
- For the béchamel sauce:
- In a pot, melt the butter.
- Gradually add the flour.
- Gradually add milk and keep whisking.
- Gradually add cheddar cheese.
- Add Maldon salt and keep whisking till creamy.
- For the macaroni:
- Bring the water to boil with a pinch of salt.
- Add macaroni for six minutes then strain.
- Toss with olive oil and put in blast for two minutes.
- Saute lobster meat with confit onion.
- Add the béchamel sauce and macaroni.
- Add chives and remove from fire.
- Transfer the mac and cheese to pot.
- Top with half lobster claw and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for nine minutes at 180 degrees Celsius until golden brown.