Dish 360: Crispy Chocolate Dessert
Having worked at Le Meridien Al Aqah for 16 years, executive pastry chef Prakash Mani says he always relies on the quality of Braun products for his dessert creations especially with lotus topping or mouthwatering fillings for cakes, pralines, and tarts.
- 200g chocolate swiss roll, made with biscao
- 590g Kranfil’s Lotus Biscoff
- 170g Alaska-express Chocolate
- 230g water
- 4g coriander
- 850g whipped cream unsweetened
- 350g dark chocolate couverture
- 50g hazelnuts, chopped
- 40g pistachios, chopped
- 120g red currants
- 24g peppermint
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CORIANDER CREAM:
- Dissolve Alaska-express and coriander in water.
- Fold in whipped cream.
FOR THE CRUNCHY CHOCOLATE BASE:
- Temper the dark chocolate couverture and mix with 350g of Kranfil’s Lotus Biscoff.
- Spread on baking paper.
- Decorate with chopped hazelnuts and pistachios, then cool down.
- Cut out pieces with a diameter of 10cm.
- Fill the chocolate coriander cream in a silicone mould.
- Pipe in a line of Kranfil’s Lotus Biscoff and cover with the chocolate swiss roll.
- Freeze for about two hours, then demould.
- Cover with cocoa butter spray and place on the crunchy chocolate base.
- Decorate as shown.