Caterer around the GCC
1. BAHRAIN: Gastronomic restaurant Mahonia is set to host a series of culinary tasting events throughout July and August. Paired by Mahonia will be held on alternate Wednesdays from 8pm to 10pm and will involve an interactive tasting experience presented by an expert sommelier. While Summer Sundowners will be held on alternate Fridays with special beverage concoctions accompanied by creative bites from the chefs.
2. KUWAIT: GetSwift technology will be used by Kuwait’s leading restaurant franchise operator Kout Food Group to improve its fast food delivery. Based in Kuwait City, it operates dozens of franchises including Burger King, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell, and GetSwift is the first robust delivery system introduced to the country. The platform offers fleet management, analytics, and other services key to running a logistics program. The delivery market per capita is larger in the Middle East than the USA.
3. OMAN: Oman Oil Marketing Company (OOMCO) has signed an agreement with Famous Brands, one of Africa’s largest food service franchisors, to bring two of its most popular restaurant chains to OOMCO’s service stations. Steers and Debonairs Pizza will be introduced by the end of 2019, with an expected 20 outlets to open over the next five years. The first service station to host the two brands will be the upcoming MEGA service station at Sultan Qaboos University.
4. KSA: Dubai-founded restaurant Logma Khaleeji Treats is set to make its first move out of the UAE, following the signing of a seven-unit franchise deal in Saudi Arabia. Operator Crown Concepts Group has agreed a partnership with Al Medrar to bring Logma to Riyadh in Q4 of 2019. The concept offers Emirati cuisine from its locations in BoxPark and Dubai Mall’s Fashion Avenue, while a third UAE branch is also set to open in Q4 of 2019 at Majid Al Futtaim’s City Centre Mirdif.
5. UAE: TasteBuds Group, a recently launched F&B group from Younata, is set to bring American brand Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers to the Middle East for the first time. The first international location for Freddy’s will be at Dubai Mall, followed by a second location at Mall of the Emirates. Freddy’s was co-founded in 2002 by Scott Redler and Bill, Freddy, and Randy Simon, offering premium ground beef steakburgers, shoestring fries, and frozen custard to its audience in Wichita, Kansas.