The latest high-end dining establishment set to reopen its doors following the enforced coronavirus lockdown is Marea DIFC.
The Italian restaurant from chef Michael White will welcome guests once more from Wednesday, July 29, with customers again able to enjoy the authentic cuisine which White previously told Caterer Middle East is a “hodgepodge of very Italian flavours”.
It’s set to be the first Marea to reopen for dine-in, with the original two Michelin-starred venue in New York currently only operating as an outside venue.
Ahmass Fahakany, owner and CEO of Altamarea Group which operates both venues, said to Caterer that he is “sure the Dubai opening will send positive vibes and encouragement back to its New York sister restaurant” with the city undergoing a tough time due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
While it hasn’t been able to open its doors for dine-in yet, the New York outlet has still been causing a stir with its new Marea Under the Sea theme on the city sidewalk.
Re-imagined as a branch and flower tunnel for al fresco dining, Fahakany said it is attracting attention from passers-by looking to take photos of the fresh new look.